Monday 9 June 2014

Fruits of Labour


Oh, apple tree!
Today I saw your fruit and blossom
proudly worn like precious pendants

the way stars hang from golden threads.
I should have known 
you were shaping love
'cause the clouds have been busy
as have the bees, alluring summer
with their detailed ministrations.

Your flowers are ever so pretty
and such impressive apples! Gosh -
is this one just for me?
I love it; thirst-quenching goodness
that goes straight to my heart and soul
as sweet on the eye as in the mouth.
Its sustains my constitution
(you know, keeps the doctor away).

You make me so proud when you bloom.
Oh, apple tree...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...