Saturday 3 May 2014

Poem for no-one


If I could pen the content of my heart
pour out the symphony of feeling
or wring out the ache onto manuscript
what music it would make

If I was fluent in the language of my soul
could comprehended my psyche
and articulate the kernel of my essence
what oratory you would hear

If I could paint my love upon canvas
emote as dashes of bursting colour
and let our kisses linger in brushstrokes
I would put masters to shame

Passion as invention, devotion as poetry
If I could create with mind and bone
then you'd know my heart
and all the world's lovers would covet
your gallery of love's art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...