Tuesday 28 September 2021



Don't fight

The tether of me

        tight

Around your wrist

Lie down

                                        I will tell you when to speak

 

You keep trying to die,

                                        yes,

You know what you're doing

                                        The sashay of your sadness

                                        The seductive cuts

 

I'm sorry, I say,

spreading open your aversion

the blue murder of your silence

Speak into this kiss, if you can

 

                                        The gag of my mouth

                                        pressed, catches

                                        your plaintive purple

                                        Byzantine moans

    drinks down

    your resignation


My hands are weighted blankets on your body

And your body, your bell jar body

                                                        teeters at the edge of

                                                                                           something

 

Your diving bell body

                                                        Supplicate

Your play-dead body

                                                        Feral


                            The whites of your eyes

                            My fingers on the cry in your throat








1 comment:

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...