Friday 7 April 2023

A List of Visitors to My Window

 

Day Seven





Two robins 

Less bold than implied by their breast 

Well, their passions must be private 

- Grab and go


Starlings, murmuration  

Effervescent, iridescent 

Daft speckled flecks. Like a Pollock 

- Hearts must go like hummingbirds 


Assorted tits 

Sweet and timid cake-pops of the bird world 

Perhaps internally marbled 

- I have seen them dreaming 


Family Sparrow 

The Bramble Bunch. Boy, 

Do they bicker. Scrabbling scatter-guns 

- I tell them to calm down 


Wood pigeons 

Too fat for the feeder, so 

A symbiosis with the sparrow 

- Endeavour to be elegant 


A flash of green 

Oh gosh, it must have escaped and 

Bewilderment and awe were in the hot pink panic of its cry 

- There's someone out there for everyone






No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...