Saturday 22 April 2023

Sandwiches





I love sammitches, me

I'm in love with 'em

If you don't like sammitches

You're doin' 'em wrong


I know a little girl

Obsessed, putting pegs

in a pot. Too many, and

I'm the same with sammitches

I'll stuff 'em right full

'til the lid won't go on


Do you want to hear

my tip - do you - my

Prime directive,

Premier league,

Numero uno

Tip? For making

top-notch

tip-top

sammitches?

'kay I'll tell you and -


- I'm telling you, this

will help. You shall think

no more - of

lonely, long-tailed

Snow Leopards

Or all those hooked

on meth -


You'll only think omg

I'm so wholly glad

of reading

a delicious tip of toasting

sliced sammitch bread, on

one side only -

and the toastiness goes on the inside!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...