Sunday 11 April 2021

A Kitchen Incident


Day 11


You

Let's take a census and audit what happens when I think of myself. Did you see, in that line, how I halved myself like an orange? You can plainly see the problem. I mean, things were simple with the peel on. I might have only written down the pop of zesty colour, with these many timid citizens never even realised. Peeping through each other's letterboxes. Huddled tight, impatient to peel apart. See, now, how the pip of me has fallen out like an eye, intent. Or maybe I'm the juice, running out and away like a river, losing myself in the ocean. I once thought us immiscible. Oil and water. Together alone. But perhaps we're more like milk and blood, clotting in each other like casual dynamite. Are you there?

 

I

For crying out loud. While you reflect on a fruity schism, I'm only left wondering, cleft as I am, who's holding the damn knife? 





7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature!
    "maybe I'm the juice, running out and away like a river, losing myself in the ocean" beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I like the questioning about the juice running away to the ocean, or the curdling blood and milk, very visual. And then, the come back... who's holding the knife, indeed! And who's watching as well? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, brilliant! Existentialism at its funniest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative! Transcends the prompt.

    ReplyDelete

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...