Monday 26 April 2021

Arrival

 

Day 25





The present moment glides alongside me,

                                                            and together,

                    we take a delicious, conscious breath.


Each ocean breath is an arrival,

                    In each arrival, opportunity,

                                                            to begin.


I follow the blame of my soft gaze,

                                                            down,

                    to a quiet, inward awareness.


Awareness, unbid, in abundance.

                    The shadow of my breath is lengthening,

Softening an unusual grief.


I feel the warmth of hands on my blue body,

                                                            They are my own,

                    Curiosity unfurls; a heart of blossom bread.


I am observing my own arrival,

                    Painting a wall with my palms,

Here I allow dismay to slip the shoulder.


Now I trace a line through the whole of my bones,

                    Certain fingertips kiss the earth,

Honouring this arrival, this single purpose.


                    I notice feeling, melting, releasing,

Flexing and melting. Guiding and melting.

                    I inhale easiness, nice and slow.

My foundation is settled by a bracing shake.

                    There is a quiet power in the circle of my breath.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...