Monday 5 April 2021

The Hermit

Day 5



1

Things that greatly impact my day-to-day life:

Am I still here? If yes, continue

Locate, against hope, my sense of self.


I learned yesterday something new

Don't recall even what it was

Ran screaming.


Everybody thinks I should be happier!


2

Should there be a downpour, I

Do firmly intend to stay put, as


If this parched reality isn't withering

Never mind the possible

Verify my truth. All my shortcomings. 


Here tyrannize myself.


3

When I dissipate into mere quarks

The cosmos will shrug and remark,

Here, at least, we can do something useful with him.




traced from a poem by Lew Welch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...