Sunday 18 April 2021

Lying to Tell the Truth


Day 18





A friend said she was waiting for a hot dog and I thought well aren't we all,

I think it was a metaphor. I asked, "What time's it due?"

Had it far to travel? Where were they to meet?

She said it was spot on, but had already come and gone,

It was just a fleeting romance, short and sweet.


So I spent the long day chewing over where the hell's my hot dog,

Contemplating how a dog might find its way to me,

At this point I'm not picky; I don't even need a bun.

Could my hoped-for hot dog one day become a got dog?

I deserve it surely more than anyone.


I half-suspect my friend of fabrication. It could be that there never was a dog,

A metaphor is like a lie, of that there is no doubt,

If so, the famous hot dog would indeed become a not dog,

A fiction cooked up, dressed and trotted out,

By a sneaky fox,

Like a cat,

In a box.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...