Thursday 15 April 2021

Karina Wrote A Poem


Day 15

(off prompt)



There's a nice woman lives here in the complex

I invited her to walk with me

I like the way she talks

How she reminds me of an old British colonel

Sometimes I have her hold me

And make me feel unlike me, even to myself

You might think I'm a whack job

But I'm not disturbed by dark things

I brought candy and toys for a hunt

So I'm happy as a clam

Sometimes I get too happy

and it's hard to calm down

Somewhere in there I took a nap

And prayed for help to the Holy Spirit

The truth about me is an unsolvable dilemma

See, I'm not naturally a person

I know I'm not brave enough

And even with identity theft protection

I often call myself the invisible cousin

Yesterday I drove over a big bolt

Perhaps that's why I choked

Or maybe that's why I feel cursed

But I don't want to miss walking

With my new friend from the complex

I can't feel sadness or despair anymore

You can tell me what you think

You can tell me that my plan to do it would work




No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...