Tuesday 6 April 2021

In Each of Us, Many Feckless Elements


Day 6



The next time someone says they're certain

I will know they are lying.

A thought is thought by the thinker

                                                                    but

A bunch it does not gather.

In each of us there is:

- a fantasist,

a sleepwalker,

- some kind of berserker

and someone afraid of sudden death, or spiders

                                                                    or the thoughts of another.

And many more things (but those are the main ones).


You may ask what this means

                                                                    go on

And I could talk all day about oversights

But my thoughts, I think, aren't real

And besides, I'm just the thinker.

People are blind inside their heads.

Either data is legend

or simply won't go in.

How a carpet sweeper deals in fuck all, mostly

                                                                    oh?

Did you not foresee this spillage?

Or that a thing might make you cry?

See, I caught you daydreaming or some such.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...