Friday 18 April 2014

A Little Eastern Flavour

Today's challenge was to write a ruba'i - a Persian form with a four-line stanza. Why do the ones I spend more time on always turn out badly? Bit of a mouthful, this.


Migration


Does the graceful Redwing miss my garden
as winter falls and ice begins to harden
its journey prompted like my own love's yearning
to feel the sun before the heavens darken

Does the Lemon Shark feel instinct burning
equator-bound in waters ever-churning
swept by milder currents homeward-wending
performing artful courtship on returning

Does the Caribou sense fall impending
or on its journey feel its will unbending
as I begin to feel my heart extending
toward a sun whose light I feel unending




Kérem, hagyjon egy megjegyzést

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...