Monday 7 April 2014

Inanimate Affection

Ok, I'm trying something a bit different here. With the task of writing a love poem about an inanimate object, I've taken some inspiration from today's featured participant and since I wanted to hammer this one out quickly, I've tried to adopt a brisk and breathless air. Successful? I don't know, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants today...



and there in the corner


Old beloved, my loyal and
disregarded friend we have been
through the mill haven't we and
you still sing to me even now yes
there have been others but you
were present at the thick and
awful thin of it dealing
solace in the curve of your body.

How often have I cradled
you with my fingertips on
your taut shining tendons sending
telegrammed notes to nobody and
felt my palm on your neck while
you endured my clumsy dalliance with
your empty heart making my
own seem whole and healthy.

Oh
love is the ringing of your voice as
sweetheart of my own do you
remember that time in the dead
of night when so desperate to
hear it I barely thumbed at
your sinew and whispered to
you of sorrow and regret?



Los comentarios son bienvenidos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...