Friday 11 April 2014

Boozy Scribblings

Day eleven of NaPoWriMo and we're doing some Anacreontics. Sounds more energetic than it is. I really should have looked up what they were exactly before writing my poem, but I was kinda busy yesterday and wrote this very late. So I've not been true to the form but hey-ho. I just went with the lovely-wino-love theme. I quite like this one.


Sharing a Bottle


She told me she would fall asleep
after one glass of wine
and then made good on her promise.
I had often daydreamed, wondering
what it might be like to pop a cork
and make a hazy memory.
If notes might burst on the tongue
more violently or the legs
unfold themselves with more class.
Would blood rush to the surface of our skin?
Would I become a scarlet sanguine
or just drop down dead in bliss?
Her lips might show the garnet
more brightly or the bouquet
be more complex on her breath.
What would be the difference
in the velvet if I tasted it
not from the glass but her tongue?
In the end her hair fell across her eye
and she ground her teeth as she slept.
That's ok. If I get to wake up with her.




Σχόλια είναι πάντα ευπρόσδεκτα

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...