Thursday 17 April 2014

I never learn...

Better late than never for day seventeen. The prompt was to describe something in detail using the senses. I took on a few too many liquids last night and have tried to describe the consequences.



Self-inflicted


bright shining blue imparts blindness
feeling fuzzy at the edges and too full of insides
what a calamity has befallen my brain
with the unpleasant reek of a good time in my mouth

must that rag and bone man make such a hoo-ha?
it's difficult to remember without hearing myself think
and where exactly am I? What day is it?
What the hell was I thinking when I made that call.




Comentários são bem-vindos

2 comments:

  1. 'fuzzy at the edges and too full of insides'

    That's mad but magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was pleased with the first stanza but the second is weak. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...