Tuesday 15 April 2014

A Well-Chewed Pencil

Hello there. I've struggled a bit with today's idea to write a Terza rima - a particular type of rhyming verse. I'm finding I'm not too keen on being restricted by form and syllables but a challenge is a challenge and it's the taking part that counts etc. etc.


A Shoot-Up


It's not like spring when it appears to me
no slow unfurl or inch up to the light
but more the geyser I that time did see

attacked the sky with all its flaming might
unbid and unexpected the report
of joyful noise and burst of zeal so bright

I hope my unfurling is not so short.




कृपया एक टिप्पणी छोड़ दो

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...