Monday 21 April 2014

New York School

A good prompt today; to write a "New York School" poem using this recipe. I liked this idea and would like to read more of this kind of poetry - I just don't feel like I've done it justice with this effort.

Smiling


I'd been buying pineapples of all things
and this guy, I think it was on Chipchase, he was
high on life or drink or crack or something.
I'd just walked past this poodle taking
two women for a walk with fuck! those
pom-poms - it depressed the hell out of me.
I gave them dirty looks outside the guesthouse.
The wind was blowing and I thought about
wrapping you in a scarf and kissing you.
Anyhow, this guy was sort-of bouncing
along with his stupid hat and an Iceland bag
like he was having the best day ever.
And he was smiling with his mad eyes and cheering,
"Ah! Hey! Give us a smile!", that sort of crazy thing.
I wish I was that thick, to just be happy
for no reason. But you'd just told me you loved me
and so I felt like grinning. Well why not?
I didn't see if anyone was looking but
I laughed that much I dropped my pineapples.



ความคิดเห็นยินดีต้อนรับ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...