Sunday 6 April 2014

In the Garden

Tough one today. The prompt was to look out of the window and write down words for what you saw; nouns, verbs, colours. So the material really depended on how good the view was. I almost gave up on this but I persevered and am not too unhappy with the result.


Pervasion


I see your skin in alabaster shell
lying stark and sensual against the umber
reclining like a stretching dog

I see your strength stacked in bare brick
feeding root and sprouting green life
weathered at the edges and beautiful

I see you twisting in the restless pennant
enticing now with scarlet, now purple and azure
and always demanding my attention

You are in the rippling silver pond hiding
who knows what kind of promises of
zest and essence beneath its shimmering surface

You are in the verdant, shaking leaves and
the shivering flowers that make me want to gather them
up, make my hands pages and preserve them

I see you in the clouds, the glass, the countless birds
soaring, dipping, darting in and out like
incessant, bright-eyed thoughts


Comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...