Sunday 27 April 2014

The home straight

Today's prompt was to write about a photograph. This is about how the eye and brain can collude to decieve you.


A Promise is a Promise


How can that face, in one expression
turn from such grace and tempatation
to cruel scorn and mockery?
That the source of such euphoria
should bring me so low and wretched.
To realise that those eyes, so pretty,
were only put on this earth to torment me
were only windows to an imagined soul
and are now malicious and spiteful.
This is no artful mischief born of affection
but insidious provocation with harmful intent.
I never noticed those lips smirking, nor
the hand masking deception and discomfort.
Now a thousand words mean nothing
and bright lights are distant, long-dead stars.


And here's an apt song for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint Poem

  Day Thirty I like a poem because it's not like a painting. Because I'll confidently cradle something stainless;  hold the exceptio...